About Winston James
Winston James began signing and playing the guitar at age 12, and started performing publicly at local barn dances in and around his hometown of Sherbrooke Quebec. He now has over 30 years experience as a full time professional entertainer, and is classified as one of the top musicians in the entertainment field by both his audience and his peers.
Winston’s expertise is not only singing and playing the guitar, which in itself covers all sounds from country through the 50’s and 60’s Rock ’n Roll to the Big Band Sound as well as dinner music for a quieter evening, but in his teens he took up the fiddle and he is one of Canada’s best fiddle players and can have an audience dancing in the aisles in no time when he picks up this magical instrument.
Though Winston usually appears as a single act, his sound is comparable to a four piece band, and he is a definite crowd pleaser who also carries his own following. He is always working on updating his performance so as to keep it fresh and alive for the fans who attend most of his shows.
Winston likes spending his leisure time with his Son & Daughter and & 3 grandchildren. He also enjoys a lifetime hobby of gourmet cooking. His Napoleon Chicken Thighs dish is to die for. His dinner guests also love his Italian dishes.
Winston’s Most Memorable Moments;
- The Elwood Glover Show which ran coast to coast on CBC-TV
- Family Brown TV Show
- Ray Griff TV Show
- Ron McLeod Show on CHCH-TV, Hamilton
- Wheeling Jamboree in Wheeling West Virginia
- Buck Owens Show in Buffalo, New York
- Tammy Wynette Show; Shaw Festival, Niagara-on-the Lake, Ontario
- Don Gibson Show
- Faron Young Show Island Lanes, in Grand Island New York
- Kitty Wells Show Island Lanes, in Grand Island New York
- Tex Ritter Show, Rockhill Park
- Charlie Louvin Show, Hepworth Country Music Hall, Hepworth Ontario.
- Winston also appeared in the house band on a weekly TV Show called Jamboree with Dick Curless in Sherbrook Quebec.
- Several occasions with Canada’s own Three Time Grammy Winner, Walter Ostanek.
- George Hamilton IV TV Show.
- Toured the State of Florida for 17 Years.
- Wheeling West Virginia – Wheeling Jamboree.
- Carnival Cruise Lines 3 Years.
- American Airforce Base, Greenland, & Goose Bay Labrador.
- American Navy Base, Newfoundland.
- Esquire Steak House & Lounge St.Catharines Ontario- 7 Years.
- Spanish Tavern St.Catharines – 2 Years.
- Royal Canadian Legion – Port Dalhousie – 12 Years.
- Montebello Park St.Catharines – 13 Years.